Friday 29 June 2012

Dark Matter

 Hello, it's me again, boythatcanread. I wanted to post about a book have have recently finished reading. The book is called 'Dark Matter' by Michelle Paver. Amazing. I loved this book. It only took me three weeks to read, but non the less, I seriously recommend reading this. It is a creepy but interesting book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Naturally, I read it at night time which added the ghostly, still atmosphere.

I picked this book because I fancied a horror and I rarely read them. Michelle Paver has written this very well indeed, a great story and a very chilling read this has been. Pun intended.

Dark Matter is set in the cold Artic North, a place called Spitsbergen in the 1930's. Jack, a poor man from London sets out on a scientific expedition to Spitsbergen with four others, Hugo, Alge and Gus. Before he gets there, the Scandinavian sailors who crew of the boat seem nervous about visiting this place, for reasons Jack has yet to understand.

On arrival all seems well, apart from some strange sightings, but unfortunalty, for one reason or another, his expedition members have to leave. This leaves Jack alone. In pitch black darkness. By himself.

Soon enough, Jack encountered more strange sightings. He reads Gus' diary and finds out that Gus too had seen things. Jack starts to be haunted by a dead trapper, who was brutally murdered by miners years ago. Him and Isaak the Husky dog are still alone. He often sees a dark figure of the trapper and hears footsteps. Anxiety creeps in and Jack need to keep his head.

What will happen to Jack? Will his friends come and rescue him from this evil place? Will he die?

Stay tuned to see part 2 of this post.

boythatcanread out.


No comments:

Post a Comment