Friday 29 June 2012

I love the smell of books in the evening...


Hello, this is my first post on reading, and as you already know, my 'name' is boythatcanread.
Since the age of four years old, I have read many books, from children's books like 'Harry Potter', by J.K Rowling, to adult books like 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon (one of my favourite books). Because I have taken the great opportunity of reading ever since I have been able to, more often than not, I would start to read a book that wasn't the one for me, especially when I was very young. This sometimes put me off reading, but luckily only temporarily. If you havebeen in this situation and you feel that books aren't your thing, I would recommendyou re-consider and you may find yourself being lost in an amzing book sometime in the future.

Reading for me is very relaxing and to be honest, when I read my mind is taken away from all of those things that that I don't want to worry about. I usually read in bed at night, probably because I'm too busy doing other things during the day like school etc. As much as I enjoy reading, there is small problem. I only ever read half an hour to and hour max per day, or should I say night? Haha. Anyway, because of this it can literally take me some months to finish a medium length book of about 500 pages.

Next topic. I don't have a favourite author, nor do I have a favourite type of book. This is because I often mix up my reading and I read different types of books. Unfortunately, I only read a book every few months.

Enough for one post,

boythatcanread.

No comments:

Post a Comment